Monday, September 15, 2008

Riding on a dragonfly
















At last, I embark, on the wings of a dragonfly, on my journey of life. Past the lush green meadows and across the sparkling streams, the cool breeze flapping the translucent wings, I pull to rest on a patch of dancing sunflowers. Suddenly the clear blue skies break into showers, and the fresh raindrops drench me all over. I take a deep breath and inhale the scent of the rain, and gaze at the grass once more, which looks greener than ever before, swaying away to the tune of life.

The rain stops suddenly as it started and the skies brighten up again, tufts of white floating in a massive canopy of blue. The sun winks from behind and smiles at the happy earth.

I jump on a puddle, making a big splash and create a whirlpool. A beautiful whirlpool it is - speckled with dancing sunbeams and glistening droplets, forming a chandelier of myriad reflections. I embark on my journey again, and a beautiful sight awaits me. I hasten to it before it disappears in a fleeting moment. I reach out, hoping to catch a chunk of the rainbow in my hand and capture it forever, but all in vain. I decide to ride on it instead, gushing with excitement at my adventure and enthralled at the grandeur of the ephemeral spectrum.

But soon enough, the sun comes out in full blaze. I slide down my roller-coaster and thud, land on the cushion of lush green velvet.

Aah...........life is truly beautiful.

3 comments:

Puranjoy said...

ei saccharine sweet podyo katodin cholbe? bring out the angst, the anger, the frustration, the despair!

muahahhaaahahhaaaa

-ziaisev

Puranjoy said...

nice pics, nice poems

-cvzaaz

bornfree said...

Saccharine sweetness e jodi "feel good" factor pava jaye, tahole khoti ki? Aar angst and anger to royechei jibon e.. :)